HETAC is a professional organization focusing of the unique needs of Home Economics Careers and Technology Teachers
Join HETAC Online!
We offer 4 Membership categories that you can purchase online. Please choose a membership type below, then click on the corresponding “Add to Cart” button.
Please note, after clicking you will be taken to our secure online payment system, powered by PayPal. If you do not have a PayPal account, select the “Check Out” button and then click on “Don’t have PayPal account” link on the next page. This will allow you to complete the transaction using your credit card.
• Active Membership, $75
Teachers of secondary Home Economics Careers and Technology programs, including middle school, high school, ROC/P and adult. Voting privileges.
• New Professional Membership, $50
New professionals are those teachers who have been teaching in secondary Home Economics Careers and Technology programs for 5 years or less including middle school, high school and ROC/P and adult. Voting privileges.
• Associate Membership, $50
Supporters of Home Economics Careers and Technology including, but not limited to, inactive or retired teachers, administrators, supervisors, and teacher educators. No voting privileges.
• Student Associate Membership, $25
Pre-service Home Economics Careers and Technology students. Voting privileges.
To become a member, renew membership or gift a membership, you can also print this
New Member Application and send it to:
Phelan, CA 92329-1424
Benefits of Membership
- Improves public knowledge and understanding of Home Economics Careers and Technology (HECT) programs
- Excellent Networking opportunities with other HECT Teachers
- Early notification of important information from the California Department of Education HECT staff
- News on Legislation that effects Home Economics Careers & Technology programs
- Job announcements
- Leadership opportunities
- Awards and Recognition of members
Additional Donation Opportunities
These donations can be made in increments of $5. To reach your desired donation level, simply adjust the quantity number after you’ve selected the item you desire. You will be able to add comments about your donation during the check-out process.
• Advocacy. Please click on the “Add to Cart” button below to make a donation for Advocacy. Advocacy donations are used to present and promote legislation beneficial to the Home Economics Careers and Technology profession.
• Scholarship. Please click on the “Add to Cart” button below to make a donation for Scholarship. Scholarship donations are used to assist high school and college students pursuing occupations in the Home Economics Careers and Technology field, as well as, to support current HECT teachers to attend L&M.
• Other. Please click on the “Add to Cart” button below to make any other donation. Other donations are used as needed to meet the current needs of the association.
HETAC By-Laws – download PDF >>